Friday, July 19, 2019

Backyard Predators

Not wargaming, but ....

While working out in my yard at several different times this past week, I saw these two backyard "predators."

First we have:
This very small toad-frog (that's what we call them down here in Dixie) waiting patiently for a several small bug or three.  It was only about 2" long.


And then several days later as I was cutting my front yard and around the side of my garage, I came across this:
At first I thought it was alive but when the noise of my lawn mower didn't startle it, I looked closer and discovered that it was the shed skin of a non-venomous snake.  The skin was about 24" long and sort of fragile.  When I went to move it, it started to fall apart.  It brought back a recollection of another snake we had in our back yard, a king snake.  My wife decided that we should call it "Severus Snake" in honor of the recently released Harry Potter movies.

But these could be denizens of some forgotten world being explored by our plucky pulp heroes - a gaming scenario in the making.


No comments: