Friday, August 1, 2008

July 2008 Painting (Part 1)

My July 2008 painting wasn't what I hoped it would be. I did paint a small group of 9 civilians for background color in my SYW imagi-nation world. A company of 15 jagers joined the Carpanian army. A small battalion of 30 pandurs joined the Courland army. This makes 54 "Olly" painting points. But I don't have pictures taken yet.

About half of my hobby time was taken up with adding terrain effects to my mounted officers and artillery. I added terrain effects (building up bases and adding flock) to 5 mounted officers (2 Carpanian and 3 Courland), 25 Carpanian gunners and 7 guns, and 11 Courland gunners and 6 guns. Again, pictures will be posted later.

I also rebased the Warsteiner Freikorps onto individual figure bases so that they can be used in conjunction with the jagers as opponents in "der kleiner krieg" against the pandurs.

I think that for the future, I will post a brief description and a picture as I get a unit finished, rather than waiting until the end of the month. We'll see how that goes.

My SYW imagi-nation armies continue to slowly grow as I prepare for attendance at the "big battalions" SYW game at MilleniumCon in Austin, Texas in November. As of the end of July:

Carpania (an ally of Germania [Prussia]) has two 48-figure infantry battalions, one 12-figure grenadier company, one 12-figure freikorps company, one 15-figure jager company, two position guns with crews, and five battalion guns with crews.

Courland (an ally of the Imperium [Austria]) has one 48-figure grenadier battalion, one 48-figure infantry battalion, one 30-figure pandur battalion, one 12-figure dragoon squadron, two 8-figure cossack squadrons, two position guns with crews, and four battalion guns without crews (yet).

August will be devoted to painting Carpanian and Courland cavalry and putting terrain effects on the infantry unit bases.

Busy, busy, busy!

2 comments:

Capt Bill said...

I'd like to see your command stands, I'm always looking for inspiration. One of my favorite units is the Reich Duchy of Beerstein Warsteiner Fusiliers. Somehow they always appear in the thick of it and come victorious...Bill

Fitz-Badger said...

You got a lot more done than I did. I got a bit off track this past week or so. I want to try to get another unit painted up soon (just to keep my ImagiNation going).
Looking forward to pics!