Friday, August 1, 2008

Historicon Newspaper Report

Although I wasn't able to go to Historicon this year (or the last several), I read about the following newspaper report from the Philadelphia Inquirer on the Miniatures Page and several different blogs. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/25930759.html
The article is very well written and portrays wargaming in a positive light (which is somewhat unusual from my perspective).

I decided to send the writer, Art Carey, an e-mail thanking him for the article.

"From a link on the Miniatures Page, I read your article on Historicon. Thank you for the well written story behind what we like to do as a hobby. It is refreshing to see a newspaper article that celebrates the joy people get from a hobby rather than being branded as a "warmonger." Please keep up the excellent reporting on all the stories you do. "

Art responded with a very nice message.

" Thanks very much for taking the time to write and for your kind compliment. While reporting the story, I met a wonderful group of committed, passionate folks and it was a pleasure to be able to share their joy with the paper's readers."

No comments: