Saturday, December 5, 2009

Soaring Hawk Clan

I've just completed the first combat unit of North American Woodland Indians for my mid-Eighteenth Century "colonial" fighting. These actions will pit the Brittanians and their colonial and Indian allies against a shaky coalition of Gallians, Hibernians (AKA Spanish), and Indians. It will be set in the American southeast. Eventually I'll establish a new blog for it separate from this one. But that's for later on. Now, I present the Soaring Hawk Clan.


The first group of 12 warriors is led by Bright Eagle
(center front with musket at trail)


The second set of 12 warriors is led by Crouching Panther
(center front with blue blanket)

The Soaring Hawk Clan will eventually add a clan chief once I get several of my extra Indians converted with added muskets and more "regal" distinctions. The Soaring Hawks wear red and black "war paint" and the handles of their clubs and tomahawks are stained red. This represents the ferocity of the stooping hawk as it strikes its prey.

These figures are Old Glory and were painted with acrylic craft paints, sealed with Future, "dipped" by brush, and then varnished with a matte sealer. The flash on the camera shots tends to give them more of a gloss look that they have "in the flesh," so to speak. It took me a long time to get these painted as I tried to give each warrior his own unique look. I'm hoping that the next ones I paint will go quicker.

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

They look good, Colonel. What rules are you planning on using once you get everything painted up?


-- Jeff

Bluebear Jeff said...

PS, the "word verification" for my previous comment was . . . brave . . . most appropriate, wouldn't you say?


-- Jeff

ColCampbell50 said...

Jeff,

I will be using either The Sword in the Forest, a variant of The Sword and the Flame or Drums of War along the Mohawk.

And I've also had a few appropriate "word verifications" when I make comments to blogs.

Jim

Fitz-Badger said...

Looking good!

(sometimes I note down the verification "word" when it's not a real word but sounds like it could be a name for something in my ImagiNations) :)