Sunday, June 21, 2020

Luftwaffe Feldtruppen - Completed


Well several days ago I completed the painting of my gruppe (squad) of Luftwaffe feldtruppen.  But first, let's take a look at their progress from the first report.

Please click on the photographs for a larger image.

The first three photographs show my initial try at the German splinter pattern camouflage.  Now I didn't try to duplicate the exact pattern, just went for an impression.




But the brown seemed to dominate so I added some more layering to the green as shown in the next two photographs.



I still wasn't pleased but I didn't want to get a brighter green as that would tend to counteract the muted approach camouflage takes, in my opinion having worn the Army's woodland pattern battledress uniform in the 1980s and early 1990s.  So I decided that this was 'good enough for government work' and completed the rest of the painting.

And here we have the finished product, a 10-man gruppe of Luftwaffe feldtruppen led by a grizzled veteran of the Russian Front.


My gruppe feldwebel is on the camera left while his companion is watching out for Amis panzers with his panzerfaust.
Hope you like these.  Now on to another German gruppe, this time a gruppe scrounged from ersatz (replacement) depots.

No comments: