Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Regiment Beaujolais, Part 1

I finished the first two divisions of my impression of the Gallian Regiment Beaujolais, led by their commander, Colonel Charles, Sieur de Beaujolais.

They are Old Glory F&IW French infantry figures (FIW-06 and FIW-08) and the mounted colonel is from the Wolfe, Montcalm, and mounted colonels pack (FIW-18).  As I wrote in my earlier post about these figures, my only real problem with them is that the officer and drummer figures are out-of-step with the sergeant and fusilier figures.  A minor problem, I know, but it still grates on my military trained sensibilities.  Of course that doesn't mean that this regiment won't be a mainstay of the Gallo-Imperial Reichsarmeeabteilung Obere-Sachsen in its operations against the forces of the Elector.

I've begun work on the color guard and third and fourth divisions.  After them will be the grenadiers and picquets for a 76-figure battalion.

This unit will have its initial baptism of fire in a F&IW game in about 2-1/2 weeks.

1 comment:

justMike said...

Raucous little group. Very nice. Will there be a regimental colour?