Thursday, June 30, 2022

Identifying a French Officer

 

At our local convention earlier this month I purchased this mounted French-looking officer from an estate sale.  At first I thought it was a Hinchliffe figure, but I don't think Hinchliffe ever made mid-1800s ranges.  Can anyone help with a manufacturer and range?

And the answer is -- An Old Glory mounted French Foreign Legion officer!  Thanks!!

The figure is wearing a thigh length coat, slightly "bloused" trousers, and a kepi.  It is a two-piece casting - separate rider and horse.  There was no manufacturer identification readily readable on the horse and the two came glued together when I bought them.


Viewed from the left side, the rider is not equipped with a sword.  I'm planning on using the figure on my Franco-Prussian War French corps command group stand to replace another mounted figure.

Many thanks!


No comments: