Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Drawing Room Detectives


And the last of my special figures have been completed -- the Drawing Room Detectives [set PMH-01] from Pulp Figures.  Besides the four famous detectives, the set included three "clues" (or plot points).

The four detectives and the three "clues" (or plot points)

I think I've identified three of the four detectives -- (from the right) Charlie Chan, Miss Marple, and Hercule Poirot.  But I'm not sure who the one of the far left is.  Any help is appreciated.

The three "clues" (plot points) are a stack of ancient tomes with a skull on top, a painted bust of Napoleon I, and the Maltese falcon ("... the stuff that dreams are made of ... .").

Now I'm back to painting "run of the mill" Colonial troops -- Indian army, Russian colonial troops, Thugees, and Pashtuns.

2 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

I can only guess at the 4th one, as he doesn't look to me like any I am familiar with like the other 3. Maybe someone like Lord Peter Wimsey?

Rob said...

The smoking jacket and books do suggest LPW but why no monocle?