Conquest Miniatures 500 Nations line. As with the other Conquest figures, they were a joy to paint. They joined six Iroquois Indians (pack Iroquois Warriors B), that I had painted sometime earlier, as part of the Britannian punitive expedition. More on the battle at a later posting.
I also prepared ten sections of temporary breastworks for the Asturian (AKA Spanish) troops to shelter behind. These breastworks were inspired by the blog of Little Fritz - Der Kriegshund (link to posting). They were made from sections of 2" x 4" cast-offs after the edges were ripped to a smaller dimension. I cut the strips into 4" sections, glued on pieces of dried branches, and then added white glue and sand to give them some ground texture. I also added some plastic plants to some of the sections. The following pictures show some of the sections being used in today's game.
I still have some more work to do on these terrain pieces, such as improving the look of the "ground" and adding some additional foliage.
As usual, please click on the pictures for a larger image.