Monday, April 20, 2020

6mm Franco-German War Figures - 1st Try


Some time ago, I purchased a sample pack of Baccus 6mm Franco-German War figures when I bought the "Bloody Big Battles" rules.  I painted up the infantry and artillery but not the cavalry.  Finally during this "stay at home" period, I completed the cavalry.

The painting job is very basic which is about as good as I can get with 6mm figures at my age.  So here they are.  They are temporarily based on thin cardboard (pasteboard) stands and are without flags for the infantry.  Please click on the pictures for a larger image.

First, the French - from left:  cavalry (dragoons and hussars), chasseurs a pied, Turcos, line infantry, and artillery.

Then the Prussians - from left: uhlans, dragoons and hussars, line infantry with jager skirmishers, line infantry, line infantry skirmishers, and artillery.

I was (and still am) hoping to put together forces for the Franco-German War but will have to wait until Baccus resumes taking orders.  I may also expand into other 19th Century periods, but will have to wait and see on that.  I'm also waiting on Litko to reopen so I can order bases from them.  Ah, the times in which we're currently living.

Stay safe, comrades!

2 comments:

John Mumby said...

Hey Col. Campbell,
Your painting is great! Want to paint mine, too ;)
John

Hal Thinglum said...

Wonderful work, Colonel! Can't believe they can be painted. Keep it up. Fascinating period. Hal