Sunday, September 22, 2019

Polk's Brigade of Cleburne's Division

While I was painting Confederate cavalry for our just completed Chickamauga game, I also finished painting and basing another brigade for Hardee's Corps of the Army of Tennessee.

Polk's brigade of Cleburne's Division
This is the brigade commanded by Brigadier General Lucius Polk (no relation to the Bishop) and consisted of the 1st Arkansas, 3rd/5th (consolidated) Confederate, and 2nd, 35th, and 48th Tennessee Infantry Regiments.  The figures are 15mm Old Glory miniatures and are dressed in my rendition of a "drab" colored uniform which was common in the Confederate west.  They are based for the venerable "On to Richmond" rules.

Now I just have to paint Wood's Brigade and I'll be completed with Cleburne's Division.  That will put my half-way through painting my Confederate infantry forces, leaving just the three brigades of Breckinridge's Division and the two brigades of Bowen's Division (borrowed from Pemberton's command in Mississippi).