Thursday, June 19, 2008

Building the "Royal Kraal" - Part 2

Once I had all the wall sections put together and painted a dark gray, I then glued them to the base using Liquid Nails. Larger poles delineate the corners and the gate.

As I said in Part 1, the huts are paper mache bird houses from Michaels that have had the door enlarged and some basic painting done to simulate thatched roof and walls. Several "true" 25mm Ral Partha Zulus are posed at the gate to give some scale.


After the Liquid Nails had dried, I then dry brushed the walls with a light gray to simulate weathering and painted the exposed base with a darker brown. I was going to add some flock and ground cover, but I ran out of time. That will come later.


And finally an aerial view of the kraal.

4 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Nice work!
(I wonder how tricorned figures would look in there...)

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

I'll second that -- a very attractive model. Well done!

Best Regards,

Stokes

old-tidders said...

Nice looking model.

I thought a Kraal is circular/oval rather than square ?

-- Allan

ColCampbell50 said...

Fitz and Tidders,

I hope tricorned figures will look excellent in there as I hope to use it for any type of frontier stockade, which is why I made it square.

Jim