Thursday, July 5, 2018

June's American Revolution Additions

I'm continuing to work on my American Revolution forces, concentrating on my Continental Army.  My immediate goal was to bring that force up to 12 infantry regiments by the end of June.  But due to a lengthy flare-up of my allergic rhinitis and a sinus infection, I wasn't able to paint as much as I needed.  So here are the regiments I completed in June.  All four are composed on vintage Custom Cast figures.  Please click on the photographs for a larger view.

1st Rhode Island Regiment
(with a hand painted flag)

2nd Virginia Regiment
(with a hand painted flag)
[unit was just expanded from 12 to 18 figures]

3rd Virginia Regiment
(with a hand painted flag)
[unit was just expanded from 12 to 18 figures]

Haslett's Delaware Regiment
(with a paper flag glued over the precast metal one)
I also painted some additional Hessian gunners to fill out a gun crew and several artillery pieces to add to the "multi-national" artillery park.

The next two American units to be painted will be the 14th Continental and 16th Massachusetts Regiments.  Plus I'll be painting the rest of the American and British gunners and the last two artillery pieces for the park.

After this I will be working on "paired" regiments, one American and one British/Loyalist/Hessian, until I get another 12 regiments for each side.

More later!


1 comment:

Hal Thinglum said...

Very nice Colonel. I also like CUSTOM CAST. Nice job Sir.